Our Sixth Form is an inclusive organisation that gives students opportunities to develop as individuals, academically and socially. It has a vibrant and friendly atmosphere, in which students are expected to achieve as well as enjoy the range of facilities and opportunities open to them as senior students. We provide a broad range of subjects within a framework that offers a degree of freedom alongside increased responsibility. There is a wide range of academic, extracurricular and social opportunities that we are proud to offer students joining our Sixth Form.
Joining Richard Hale Sixth Form you will have:
- A wide choice of subjects post 16
- Equality of opportunity – irrespective of gender and where you took your GCSE’s!
- Experienced specialist teachers to help you succeed at the highest level
- A high level of support and guidance from an established pastoral team
- A rigorous system of monitoring allowing you and your parents access to attainment and performance data at any time
- A Sixth Form Centre with a common room, private study area and seminar and teaching rooms, as well as a large IT suite with 60 computers exclusively for Sixth Form use in the main building
- A comprehensive careers programme, including specialist support for university and employment applications
- Dedicated support if you wish to apply for Oxbridge, medical or veterinary science courses
- Opportunity to enjoy a wide range of activities, including extra-curricular sport, music and drama, and to develop leadership skills through CSLA/HSLA, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and the house system
- A school that recognises your needs and provides an environment where your voice is heard and valued.
A significant number of our Sixth Form students progress on to Higher Education and study a variety of courses at a range of institutions. For details of the 2016 destinations of Year 13 students, please click on the link below.