About our Sixth Form
Our Sixth Form is an inclusive organisation that gives students opportunities to develop as individuals, academically and socially. It has a vibrant and friendly atmosphere, in which students are expected to achieve as well as enjoy the range of facilities and opportunities open to them as senior students. We provide a broad range of subjects within a framework that offers a degree of freedom alongside increased responsibility. There is a wide range of academic, extra-curricular and social opportunities that we are proud to offer students joining our Sixth Form.
- A wide choice of subjects post-16, including A Levels, BTECs and the EPQ
- Equality of opportunity, irrespective of gender and where you took your GCSEs
- Experienced specialist teachers to help you succeed at the highest level
- A high level of support and guidance from an established pastoral team
- A rigorous system of monitoring allowing you and your parents access to attainment and performance data at any time
- A Sixth Form Centre with a common room, private study area and seminar and teaching rooms, as well as a large IT suite in the main building with 60 computers exclusively for Sixth Form use
- A comprehensive careers programme, including specialist support for university, apprenticeship and employment applications
- Dedicated support if you wish to apply for Oxbridge, medical or veterinary science courses
- Opportunity to enjoy a wide range of activities, including extra-curricular sport, music and drama, and to develop leadership skills through Sports Leaders, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, the House System and to support younger students in a range of subjects and situations
- A school that recognises your needs and provides an environment where your voice is heard and valued.
We sincerely hope that you will join us to undertake your Sixth Form studies. We are immensely proud of all that our Sixth Form students achieve and how they conduct themselves both at school and in the wider community. We challenge all of our students to move out of their comfort zone so that, on completion of their post-16 studies, they will have developed a wide ranging skill-set that is vital for success in the modern world. Richard Hale is immensely proud of the traditions and values that are an integral part of the whole school. We look forward to seeing you join us to complete your post-16 studies and are confident that you will fulfil your potential whilst under our care.
Mrs J Beacom